Article

1

Posted on : Tuesday, January 19, 2010 | By : shapap | In :

Is Gerald really the new drama prince on TV?
by Joseph Peter R. Conzalez ( MAnila Standard Today ) 01.19.10

Gerald Anderson feels very proud of ABS-CBN titled Kung Tayo’y Magkakalayo, in which he stars with perennial screen partner Kim Chiu.

“I can say that this is a very good follow-up to Tayong Dalawa. For one, it’s another acting vehicle for me. Of course, there’s pressure. I think that’s normal whenever you have a new show, especially with this one whose casting is huge.

“Apart from me and Kim (Chiu), there are also Gabby Concepcion, Albert Martinez, Coco Martin, Gina PareƱo, Maxene Eigenmann, Jaclyn Jose and Kris Aquino. It has an absorbing story and I’m confident that the viewing public will get hooked to this program. Definitely, all the elements of a hit soap are present here,” he says.

How is it working with Gabby and Kris?

“It’s actually a blessing. I’m so honored. Everybody knows that Gabby is the ultimate matinee idol who graduated into an excellent actor. He’s my idol. I’ve absorbed a lot of insights from him because during lull breaks, we always talk.

“Meanwhile, with Kris, I admit I felt butterflies in my stomach before our first scene was shot. But during the take, she was very nice. From then on, I became more and more comfortable with her. Especially that she’s always very vocal in her support to my love team with Kim. It’s really a happy set so I’m always looking forward to report (for work).”

He has a new moniker: Prime Time’s Action Drama Prince.

“It’s flattering and inspiring. I know that this is a new project and it brings a new challenge. I vow to do my best so as not to disappoint the management for their great trust in me and my team-up with Kim.”

Speaking of Kim, the handsome young star reveals he’s happy with the level of friendship they have at present.

“ We’re very, very close at this point. Our friendship is much deeper. We no longer keep secrets from each other. We also help each other in everything. There’s the assurance that no matter what, we’ll always be there for each other,” Gerald states.

Their fans would love to see them ending up with each other.

“Honestly, I don’t want to put her under pressure. I don’t want to force the issue on her. I just want to be close to her now.”

Because he claims they’re not a couple yet, does this mean they’re free to go out with someone else?

“Actually, we don’t impose upon each other that we can’t have crushes on other people. Admiration towards others is normal. Like in my case, I don’t think of other girls or get close to any girl unless she’s a co-star because it’s a work requirement. What matters is your loyalty.”

Kim isn’t very vocal about the friendship they share.

“The more it makes things interesting. I’m more challenged to get to know her more. I believe that victory is sweeter when you attained it through blood, sweat and tears,” Gerald explains.

Out-of-the-box character

After her portrayal of an off beat role in the Metro Manila Film Festival entry I Love You Goodbye, Kim Chiu essays another out-of-the-box character in Kung Tayo’y Magkakalayo.

“I’m playing Kris Aquino’s bratty daughter here. She’s rich, spoiled and rebellious. She secretly hates her mother because of her being a perfectionist. It’s a pretty challenging part, a deviation from the cutesy-cutesy roles I usually do,” she states.

The role also requires her to be sexy.

“Well, in a way, yes! Viewers will be seeing me wearing short dresses and super short shorts in most scenes. That’s why I became more conscious with my skin. Ha-ha-ha! I just couldn’t afford to have scratches or bruises because of my new character!”

According to reports, she felt intimidated by Kris in their first confrontation scene.

“Actually, it was my first taping day and the scene required me to push her. I was reluctant to do it since we weren’t that close yet during that time. She told me to really push her hard but I said I was shy. After the take, she advised me to really follow the script to the dot to achieve a more realistic effect.”

From then on, she already became comfortable with the renowned host-actress.

“She suggested the outfits I should wear in the show to give the character a trademark. She also shows her concern like in one scene I would be pushed to the pool. I was wearing a tube dress and she told me it was risky that my breasts would get exposed. What she did was to tape my dress for protection. She’s so sweet,” Kim notes.

One of the hottest female stars of the Kapamilya network, people say she has strong competition now in the person of Erich Gonzales whose Katorse did well in the ratings and is also in Tanging Yaman.

“I don’t consider Erich a rival! In fact, we’re good friends. It’s only the people who are matching us up. I worked with her in Sana Maulit Muli. Personally, I’m happy for the success she’s having now. She deserves it since she also waited for her turn.”

Kung Tayo’y Magkakalayo is another challenge for her and Gerald. All eyes are set on their love team, if they can surpass the success of Tayong Dalawa.

“I don’t want to be affected by that. Gerald and I are simply thankful that we’re together again in this project. We promise to do our best to give justice to our respective role. Hope the viewers will support it as much as they did in Tayong Dalawa,” ends Kim.

Comments (1)

yah we consider, at dahil narin sa lakas ng tayong dalawa, pwedeng maging new drama prince on tv and sobrang lakas ng loveteam kimerald... lola nz

Post a Comment