Article

5

Posted on : Thursday, October 01, 2009 | By : shapap | In : ,

Kim Chiu is Our Girl
Interview by Kimberly U. Go, Photos by Pat Dy ( SPEED Mag ) October 2009

After her big break in ABS-CBN’s reality TV show Pinoy Big Brother: Teen Edition, it’s been nothing but a steady climb to the top for Kimberly Sue Yap Chiu, or Kim Chiu as she is known in the industry. Her talent and beauty continue to earn her praises and admiration in the form of endorsement deals, movies, and TV shows. In her latest role in the primetime hit TV series Tayong Dalawa, this 19-year-old shows how much she’s grown as an artist while still possessing the charm that endeared her to the millions who watched her every move (and personality quirks) in the Big Brother house three years ago.

YOU’VE BEEN VERY BUSY WITH TAYONG DALAWA. WHAT’S YOUR MOST MEMORABLE MOMENT ON THE SET?

Hmm, siguro ’yung and first taping day. There were so many big stars that I got to meet. To add to that, my first scene was a kissing scene with Jake Cuenca! He wasn’t my friend then and we weren’t really close at that time so it was a bit awkward. We’ve said our hellos before, but we didn’t really talk much. So, yeah, it was hard because we had to make the audience believe that we were a couple even though we didn’t really know each other very well.

THAT’S TOUGH! SO, HOW WAS THE OVERALL EXPERIENCE LIKE?

It was nerve-wracking, but it was okay. (Smiles)

WITH SUCH A BUSY SCHEDULE, DO YOU STILL FIND TIME TO RELAX?

Yes, I go shopping! When I’m bored or ’pag naiinis ako sa araw ko, I just go shopping and I’m good. After taping I sometimes play badminton. When there’s no work, I go out with my friends. We hit the mall or cook at home. We bake all sorts of stuff, oatmeal cookies, pasta…

WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE AMONG ALL THE CHARACTERS YOU’VE PLAYED?

All of them, actually. Iba-iba kasi eh. My Girl was light and Jasmine, the character I played, was pretty much like me. In Tayong Dalawa, I played a more mature role. It was a bit hard, but I was able to adapt naman.

BUT BETWEEN THE TWO CHARACTERS, WHO IS MORE LIKE THE KIM CHIU IN REAL LIFE?

I’m more like Jasmine. Parehong-pareho kami—super bubbly and happy-go-lucky.

YOU’RE ONE OF TODAY’S HOTTEST STARS. WHAT CHALLENGES ARE YOU FACING NOW?

I have to take care of my career…where I am now. I have to work hard na hindi masapawan. . I need to be really good in the projects given to me because there are a lot of new and rising artists out there.

DO YOU HAVE PLANS OF FOCUSING ON YOUR MUSIC CAREER IN THE NEAR FUTURE?

(Laughs) I think I still need to take voice lessons so that when my next album comes out, they’ll hear something different and not pa-cute.

BUT YOU ARE CUTE! SPEAKING OF MUSIC, WHAT’S THE MOST PLAYED SONG ON YOUR iPOD?

It depends on my mood. I listen to love songs, pop music. Right now, it’s Miley Cyrus’ “The Climb.” Gusto ko kasi ’yung lyrics ng song.

Comments (5)

you are really our girl...everyone's girl...you deserve everything that is happening to you because you are indeed very beautiful inside and out...GOOOO GIRL

I have a video for the climb..kimmy and ge...hope you have viewed it...here's my You tube channel: cesslds09.

Thanks ..more power! Godbless

you are everybody's girl including us from the kgg interna=tional, (kimerald golden girls). you are the daughter, the apo, the pamangkin, the ampon that we wished and hoped we had. you really bring joy to our otherwise lonely, stressful and sometimes boring?? day. here's good wishes for you and gerald. we really look forward to the day you'd two say 'I will'. kgg chitqc

favorite ko Jasmine character. it helps to play character with different personality. since anak siya ni Kris sa bagong teleserye i bet character niya may pagka sossy ang dating.
it is a good step also to take singing lesson. aside from acting, may potential rin siya sa singing & dancing, considering na never pa siya nagka formal voice lesson.

We're here for you our dear KIMMY. {ls take care of your health. We're always praying for you & Gerald's continued success.

Be good and stay humble always. GOD BLESS YOU and all your supporters.

Post a Comment