Article

0

Posted on : Thursday, December 17, 2009 | By : shapap | In :

Derek Ramsay praises Kim Chiu’s acting in ‘I Love You, Goodbye’
by Napoleon Quintos ( ABS-CBN.com ) 12.17.09
Derek Ramsay has a new onscreen partner in Kim Chiu for the movie I Love You, Goodbye, Star Cinema’s entry to the Metro Manila Film Festival. In an interview, Derek revealed how he was impressed with Kim’s portrayal of girl obsessed with his character in the movie. “Challenging for Kim to play the role kasi medyo mataray siya at matigas. ‘Yung face lang niya napaka-adorable, parang sweetheart, someone who’s so vulnerable. Pero kapag take na mararamdaman mo nakakatakot siya magalit. Ganun siya kagaling. Panoorin niyo kasi mabibilib kayo sa acting ni Kim. She’s a very promising actress. Effortless ‘yung pag-arte niya. Maayos din siyang makisama sa mga co-actors niya.”

Derek refused to say though if he had a kissing scene with Kim in the movie. He only shared how happy he was to have worked with the young actress. “Tawag ko sa kanya ‘Alcon.’ ‘Yun ‘yung brand ng eyedrops na dala ko sa set kapag dadating ako na pula ang mata kasi sa puyat. Inside joke ko sa kanya ‘yun. Ang kulit niya kasama. Parang bata ‘yan si Kim na paulit ulit niyang sinasabi ‘Alcon! Alcon!’ Kapag magkasama kami nagkukulitan lang kami.”

Playing Kim’s father in the movie is actor Gabby Concepcion with whom Derek said he was honored to co-star. “Crush nga siya ng mommy ko e, hahaha! When I was younger and was still whiter, I was often told na kahawig ko si Gabby. I never imagined na makakatrabaho ko siya. Nung makatrabaho ko nga si Ms. Maricel Soriano sa T2 I was really shaking sa eksena namin together. Dito sa I Love You Goodbye, may eksena kami ni Gabby na parang nagpapatigasan kami. I was very nervous when we were doing the scene and I’m very happy na nagawa ko ‘yun.”

From being a regular fixture in print ads, on the ramp, and in commercials, Derek was able to prove his worth as an actor with the numerous teleseryes he did at ABS-CBN. Although many critics are raving about his performance in the movie, Derek said he is not expecting to win an award for his work in I Love You, Goodbye. “While doing the movie ni minsan hindi ko inisip na mananalo ako ng Best Actor award. Inisip ko lang na magawa ko nang tama lahat ng eksena ko. Dapat kahit papaano makasabay ako kina Gabby, Kim, Angelica (Panganiban). They’re very amazing kapag nakaka-eksena ko sila. Happy na ako na makagawa ng ganito kagandang project. When I was doing the dubbing napapanood ko ‘yung mga eksena and mas lalo akong nae-excite sa movie.”

If there’s someone in the film that Derek believes deserves an award, he said it would be his real-life girlfriend Angelica. The two have been together for three years now, and Derek shared what he loved the most about Angelica. “She really takes care of me to the point of most of the time inuuna niya ako bago ang sarili niya. I would often remind her to love herself more first than me. Pero 24/7 she always checks on me, kung okay lang ba ako, kumain na. Kahit four days na siyang puyat sa trabaho ako pa ‘yung iniisip niya. Para talaga siyang Pilipina.”

Derek admitted that at first he didn’t find Angelica physically attractive. “To tell the truth Angelica’s physical feature is not my type. Before I would prefer girls who are very sporty. She’s too pretty and perfect for my type, parang anghel talaga. But we fell in love and we’re very happy.” But now that he is certainly having a great time with the young actress, Derek could only say, “She’s my dream girl and I’m living my dream.”

Comments (0)

Post a Comment