Article

1

Posted on : Friday, December 25, 2009 | By : shapap | In :

'Bad' Kim Only Human
by Aster Amoyo ( Journal Online ) 12.25.09

Kim Chiu admits she’s “challenged with her role in I Love You Goodbye,” Star Cinema’s official entry to the ongoing Metro Manila Film Festival.

“It’s something new for me,” she says. “As a rebellious daughter, I must show a wide array of emotions. Although it’s difficult at first, I got the hang of it as shooting progressed. I’m sure my fans will be shocked initially but I hope they see it as something positive for me as a performer.”

Kim notes that her character in the movie isn’t really that bad.

“Yes, unlike normal villains in soap operas. Here in “I Love You Goodbye, “ my character is very human. There’s a reason why she’s behaving that way. Viewers will see where she’s coming from. The character is very real.”

How did she prepare for the part?

“I just condition myself before the shooting. I come to the set with my emotions ready and lines memorized. Basically, I’m a bubbly individual so I need ample time to focus and internalize. It also helped that I watched movies of other actresses who played villains.

“And of course, there’s the guidance of Direk Laurice (Guillen). She really made sure that I was always in character. She motivated me in most of the scenes. My co-stars Angelica Panganiban, Derek Ramsay and Gabby Concepcion provided very good support too in all our scenes together. They simply made my first offbeat role memorable for me,” Kim points out.

Comments (1)

Kim is a very hood actress. I will not be surprise if one day she will win a best actress award.. Go KIMERALD gho go go !!!

Post a Comment