Article

0

Posted on : Monday, December 21, 2009 | By : shapap | In :

An offbeat Kim
by Ethel Ramos ( Malaya ) 12.21.09
‘I have no idea nga how my following will react to my sudden change of image. – Kim Chiu’

Kim Chiu admitted that she had, at first, apprehensions about accepting the role of Gabby Concepcion’s daughter in Star Cinema’s Metro Manila Film Festival (MMFF) entry, "I Love You…Goodbye."

She explained: "It would have been okay if I was to play Tito Gabby’s daughter lang. Kaso I’ll have confrontation scenes with Angelica, who plays the role of Tito Gabby’s greatest love.

"Magkakarooon pa nga ng eksena where I would slap her. Real hard. This is when I discovered na siya ang love ni Derek, who is the love of my life naman.

"Kaya medyo off beat ang part ko. I have no idea nga how my following will react to my sudden change of image.

"And Gerald (Anderson, her perennial partner)."

Is it true that she has a torrid kissing scene with Derek?

"Wow, dapat panoorin nyo ang movie to know the truth," Kim replied.

On Laurice Guillen, who is directing "I Love You…Goodbye," Kim said: "I’m used to working with her. I underwent a workshop with her before I started taping for the series, ‘Tayong Dalawa.’

"Tapos, when finally I shot scenes for for ‘I Love You…,’ she would first allow me to do my interpretation of a particular scene.

"Then, she would have me watch said scene in the monitor. At saka niya itatanong sa akin, kung may kulang pa ba. Meaning, the way I interpreted the scene.

"Then she would suggest that we do another take.

"Feel ko, I’ve learned a lot from her, as far as acting is concerned, while doing this movie."

Comments (0)

Post a Comment